Best Kayak Rentals in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach, Alabama (Ask the Locals)
Discover a New Way to Rent Kayaks in Gulf Shores, Orange Beach, and Foley to Notch Up Your Next Alabama Vacation!
If you are looking to rent a kayak to enjoy Gulf Shores' beautiful beaches, coastline, rivers, lagoons, bays, and lakes, you have several options to get the best value for money.
So what is the best way to rent a kayak in Gulf Shores, Orange Beach, or Foley, Alabama? You can rent Kayaks from local individuals in the Gulf Shores community. This can significantly reduce your daily rates of kayak rentals. While there are local shops such as Gulf Coast Paddle Sports, Mandi Jo’s offers a place to meet locals and rent directly from them to save money.Enjoy (Beach and River) Canoe or Kayak Rentals to Experience Gulf Shores in a Whole New Way
One of the best ways to get to know Gulf Shores, Orange Beach waterways is to see them by kayak. We recommend scheduling more time than you think necessary, that way you have plenty of time to paddle yourself around without feeling rushed.
Many tourists (and locals) love the nature experience that using a kayaks and canoes offer. As you quietly paddle along the coast line, it isn’t uncommon to see sea life of all sorts.
See dolphins, colorful fish, stingrays, sea turtles and more quietly from the comfort of an easy to steer kayak paddled by you.Kayaking is at the top of things to do in Gulf Shores, Alabama
When people think of things to do in Gulf Shores, AL, they often think of going to the beach or fishing charters, but kayaking and canoeing our local waterways have become a popular, healthy alternative. Once you decide on where and when you want to go kayaking, make sure to consider/plan other enjoyable activities during your stay.
Here is a short list.Other Exciting Activities in the Orange Beach and Gulf Shores Area
Go Kayaking in Fort Morgan
- Attractions (Wharf Amphitheater, Zip Lines, Zoo, and more)
- Beaches (Many Public Beaches and State Park Access)
- Cruises (Glass Bottom, Dolphin Cruises, Sailing and more)
- Diving (Enjoy Clear Deep Water Diving)
- Fishing (Many Fishing Charters to Choose From)
- Golf (Many Pristine Courses to Choose From)
- Nightlife (Restaurants, Lounges, Bars and Brewing)
- Outdoor Activities (Biking, Hiking and Nature Parks)
- Paddle Boarding (Easy to Use, Enjoyable Exercise)
- Parasailing (Adventure Enthusiasts Will Love This)
- Tours (Theme Tours such as Pirate Ship Coastline Exploration)
- Shopping (Art, Boutiques and the Wharf)
- Water Activities (Kitesurfing, Parasailing, Diving, Snorkling)
If you are wanting to discover even more, we recommend you check out the beautiful coastline that only Fort Morgan Alabama has to offer.
What is nice about Fort Morgan is that you can get the feeling of being on an island feel because it is a penninsula with the north and south coasts hugged by seas. Book fishing charters or go get a kayak and enjoy a nice slow-paced exploration of this fine area.
Once you are done kayaking for the day, consider taking the ferry across to Dauphin Island, where the Estuarium at Dauphin Island Sea Lab is located.
Our goal for you is that you can explore as much of our historic, magnificent waterways whether you are looking for river or ocean kayaking.How to Find Out if Someone is Renting their Kayak Near Me?
Certainly, you can explore different vendors and renters locally or you can consider what we like to call “peer to peer” or community rentals.
Because our locals enjoy kayaking just as much as our visitors, they already own expensive kayaks and they are willing to rent them to you.
The advantage to the kayak owners is that they can reduce their cost of ownership, and the advantage to our tourists and visitors is that they can often rent a canoe or kayak at a fraction of the daily rates that some businesses charge.
Imagine establishing a relationship with a community member who can also give you local insights and suggestions on where to kayak and which waterways offer the best scenic qualities and nature experience.
We are proud to be local and love Gulf Shores, Orange Beach and Foley.
- Simply go to our homepage
- Type kayak, canoe or kayaks into the search box.
- If you know where you will be staying, you can choose to enter the location or skip this step if you are undecided.
- Hit “Search”
- You will see all the active ads for locals who can help you save money on kayak rentals.
- Once you select the item you are interested in, click the “contact owner” button to send them a secure message and iron out the details.
If you have never visited the Shrimp festival, you may miss what Gulf Shores has become a tradition around our area. Every October people come from all over to visit our festival. While most of our history was comprised of oystering and fishing, our coastal city has morphed into a popular tourist destination.
We believe you will quickly discover why so many “snow birds” (individuals who spend time with us during the winter months) call this their getaway.List of Local Waterways (Gulf Shores, Orange Beach, Perdido Area, Fort Morgan)
- Gulf of Mexico
- Gulf Shores Beach
- Little Lagoon
- Shelby Lakes
- Middle River
- Little Lake
- Portage Creek
- Oyster Bay (Fort Morgan)
- Pelican Bay
- Wolf Bay
- Bay La Launch
- Bayou Saint John
- Cotton Bayou
- Kees Bayou
- Terry Cover
- Johnson Cove
- Old River
Explore the waterways right on Google: Go here: https://goo.gl/maps/uqjis6Yz765pbeEV7